Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: How to Grow up and Rule the World by Vordak the Incomprehensible


Reading level: Ages 9-12

Hardcover: 208 pages

Publisher: EgmontUSA (August 24, 2010)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 1606840134

ISBN-13: 978-1606840139






How To Grow Up and Rule the World by Vordak the Incomprehensible



MUAhahahahahahah! (Chuckle in a deep tone- while throwing your head back!) Go visit V's site. It's funny!


Slip on your acid-free gloves, make sure you have a duplicate copy of How to Grow Up and Rule the World (just in case something should happen to this one) and try to follow along as the incomparable, superior-in-all-ways Vordak the Incomprehensible teaches you a thing or two about villainy. Now you, too, can try (and fail) to attain Vordak's level of infamy.

From selecting the most dastardly name, to choosing the ideal henchmen, to engaging in witty repartee with disgustingly chipper superheroes, experienced supervillain Vordak the Incomprehensible guides readers step-by-step toward the ultimate goal of world domination (from his parents' basement in Trenton, New Jersey).

With chapter titles like "Bringing Out the Evil" and "Building a Top-Notch Evil Organization," numerous bold illustrations, and detailed quizzes to assess your level of dastardliness, this book provides everything necessary to rise above the masses, and then rub your ascent in their faces.

In return for this wealth of knowledge, Vordak requests nothing more than an honored place in the evil regime of he who achieves control of the world. (And, of course, the opportunity to assume command, should things not work out.)


What I thought about the book...

Genius. Purely genius. I was constantly laughing when reading this book. My only complaint is that it was not very long. So, what exactly did I think of this book? Well, I think it was... Jaw-dropping, page-turning, evil-teaching, diabolical-laughing (MUAHAHAHAHA!,) and awe-inspiring.

I have already started to learn from His Evil-Incomprehensibleness's teachings. I have already brought out my EVIL, gotten a jump start on my EVIL career (I am getting really good at tee-peeing houses,) have acknowledged that super heroes are big, fat, stupid jerks, have built my EVIL lair (The diobolicalness of it is incredible,) started to build a top-notch EVIL organization (Started to get henchmen and followers - little brothers are so easy to convince,) and started to put the pieces of an EVIL plan together.

I, Kolzor the Immensely Diabolical, will soon be taking over the world with Vordak the Incomprehensible at my side. Tremble in fear.


2 comments:

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Thanks for the reviews! I wonder why the books are so short ... ?

Also: I blogged about you guys today! :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Great job on the review! I came over after reading Susan's post about you guys. :)