Monday, October 18, 2010

Review: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan


Reading level: Ages 9-12

Hardcover: 576 pages

Publisher: Hyperion Book CH; 1 edition (October 12, 2010)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 142311339X

ISBN-13: 978-1423113393








After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

My Review

Ok, know what you're thinking. "The Lost Hero isn't a Halloween book". Honestly, I don't care. I got the book. I couldn't wait to read it and review. So, here it is.

When I finished reading The Lost Hero, I said one word.
"Egad!"

I know. Pretty nerdy. I've read my fair share of Marvel Comic books so this was the first word that came to mind. And, in case you're wondering, that's a good "egad!". Very good indeed.

I read all of the Percy Jackson books, and The Red Pyramid. I love the way that Mr. Riordan brings ancient mythology into modern day. I would have to say that Greek mythology is my favorite but Mr. Riordan brought Roman mythology into The Lost Hero. I thought that it was very interesting and imaginative the way he did this. It changes the way you look at everything. Gods, demi-gods, you name it. It changes in a way that makes sense, that's pretty easy to understand but at the same time makes things more complicated and more fun. All of the gods have different personalities in their Roman form then their Greek form. Now, it didn't get as much into this subject as I would've liked but I expect that it will become more clear in the second book in the series, The Son of Neptune.

Most of the main characters in this book are new. People from the original series make short appearances such as Annabeth and Chiron. And some are only mentioned such as Tyson, Grover and Percy. Again, I think there will be more of this in the second book. We will see a lot more of the original characters. I am very excited because after the finishing read the first series, all I could think was, "There has to be more". I am very glad that there is more. And that more will come.

So, long story short, I loved The Lost Hero. I recommend it to anybody who has read the Percy Jackson series. And if you haven't read the Percy Jackson series, read it ASAP. Then, read The Lost Hero.





-Austin

Hey all you people who read for fun. U R COOL.


No comments: