Sunday, October 10, 2010

Review: Pals in Peril: Whales on Stilts!

Reading level: Ages 9-12

Hardcover: 188 pages

Publisher: Beach Lane Books (June 15, 2010)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 144240695X

ISBN-13: 978-1442406957


Pals in Peril: Whales on Stilts! by M.T. Anderson

*"Armed with an array of adjectives, non-sequitors, bizarre asides, irrelevant footnotes, and running gags, Anderson sends up decades of children's book series, and creates a hysterical tale of his own."
Publishers Weekly, starred review

*"Goosebumps fans and readers who get Lemony Snicket's brand of humor will be rolling in the aisles."
Booklist, starred review


Whales on Stilts is the wild, boisterous beginning to M. T. Anderson's Pals in Peril series!
My Review

I liked this book a lot. I think that M.T Anderson is a great writer and that he put a load of effort into this book.

 This book has reference of guards pointing/aiming guns at twelve year old children, whales attacking cities  ( It kinda shows it on the cover of the book ), and evil plots to take over the world, which, I don't think is to mature for a children's book, or it doesn't freak me out. In my opinion, as far as violence goes, the whole "evil guards, pointing guns at innocent children" is the worst part. I'm very happy to say that this is a clean read! All parents that are afraid of swear words, but I think kids should read this book without doubt.

My favorite character was Jasper Dash, because he was clever, imaginative, great, spectacular, and he invents anything you could imagine.







No comments: