Friday, January 21, 2011

Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborne

Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, No. 6)

  • Reading level: Ages 9-12
  • Paperback: 80 pages
  • Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers (August 29, 1995)
  • Language: English


Jack and Annie travel back in time to a South American rain forest in searchof the elusive magician Morgan le Fay. Will they find a new clue to her whereabouts before they are trampled by stampeding killer ants? 

In this book Annie and Jack travel through time collecting books, scrolls, and objects from different time periods. In this one, Jack and Annie Travel to the Amazon and find Morgan Le Fay before the night comes and eats them alive! They came upon this magical tree house and now they are working and helping it's owner. This might not be the first book but I started at the tenth book so no worries. Annie can understand animals and can tell when it is time to go to the magic tree house and Jack knows a lot of history and is Annie's big brother and he normally gets where they are supposed to go before Annie gets it. 

I liked the series even though I have not read the first one. I liked Annie more than Jack because I like animals and I would like to understand them like Annie. I like how they could travel through time with just saying "I want to go here!" and pointing to a book cover then the tree house starts to spin then you are there! I liked that they always have the clothes on from that time period instead of people staring at you or having to make money then  buy clothes! It also stops time while they are in the magic tree house instead of being missing for hours and hours! 

If you or your kid needs some really good EASY READS, this series is what you're looking for!  So you should read this book and the others!







1 comment:

Chelsea said...

So, I saw this come through on my feed and I had to comment because this was the very first series that really got be into reading.

I absolutely love these books, if you have time you should go back and read the first one. It's one of my favorites.

Have a great Friday!
- Chelsea
Books Turn Brains