Thursday, January 27, 2011

Audiobook Review of Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 496 pages
Publisher: Simon Pulse (October 5, 2010)
Website:http://scottwesterfeld.com/blog/books/leviathan/
Buy the book: Amazon
Book #2 in a series. Leviathan is the first in the series.

The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.

Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.

Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.

In this book Deryn is trying to keep her identity secret. Alek is also trying to keep his history a secret. Deryn is a girl and she wants to be in the air force. so she's pretending to be a boy. Alek is a BARKING PRINCE as Deryn would put it, and his parents are dead murdered by Germans and fellow Austrians. They teem up to stop the German empire and the other countries. They also meet other people who want to rebel.

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! On Howrse I have a bunch of pictures of this book and other stuff on my page! I think I will LOVE this book forever! It really annoys me how Deryn does not tell Alek that she is a girl and she likes him! I likes how there are beasts that are crazily bred. I also like how the Clankers can build VERY good. I like how Deryn can be really brave and AWESOME. I like Alek and how he is really good at keeping secrets and how he is the Arch Duke!

I LOVED the reader. He is my 2nd favorite reader. I thought he did well with Deryn's "swearing" ("Barking Spiders!) and her accent. I thought Alek's voice would be different but i like it ether way.  The reader had tons of voices for all the characters, and he's just awesome!

If you haven't read these books, you should.  And if you can, you should totally get them on audio! It's worth it!



1 comment:

~Sharon said...

Great review, Reagan. I wish I had the time to read all the books you review. Maybe one day.