Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Guest Book Review: Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinny

Reading level: Ages 9-12

Hardcover: 224 pages

Publisher: Amulet Books (November 9, 2010)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 0810984911

ISBN-13: 978-0810984912




Greg Heffley has always been in a hurry to grow up. But is getting older really all it’s cracked up to be?

Greg suddenly finds himself dealing with the pressures of boy-girl parties, increased responsibilities, and even the awkward changes that come with getting older—all without his best friend, Rowley, at his side. Can Greg make it through on his own? Or will he have to face the “ugly truth”?

My Thoughts...

I got this book the first day it came out. I was so excited, I almost peed my pants. So, I took the book to school and was talking to my friend about it when my teacher put my name on the chalkboard. I was so angry that I slammed my head on my desk and my pencil flew across the room. It's probably half way across China by now! Because of my attitude, I got detention! Those two things changed my life.That day I felt a lot like Greg from the book...

My favorite character from the book was Greg Heffly because he is the most funny. My favorite part would have to be the lock-in because it was hilarious and a lot of people were farting. Boys and girls would like this book because it is very funny and Jeff Kinny is a great author/illustrator.





3 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

This review is funny! When you described that moment in the classroom, it really did sound like something that would happen to Greg. =) I agree that a lock-in full of farters would be hilarious.

Anonymous said...

My little brother loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. He reads them out loud with voices. Makes me laugh! Nice review.

Anonymous said...

sorry guys i cant agree with you coz the ugly truth is pretty bad i hated it