Monday, April 9, 2012

Jake And Lily: By Jerry Spinelli


Reading level: Ages 8 and up
Hardcover: 352 pages
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Balzer + Bray (May 8, 2012)
Buy The Book: Amazon
This is a story about me, Lily.
And me, Jake.
We're twins and we're exactly alike.
Not exactly!
Whatever. This is a book we wrote about the summer we turned eleven and Jake ditched me.
Please. I just started hanging out with some guys in the neighborhood.
Right. So anyway, this is a book about
goobers and supergoobers
bullies
clubhouses
true friends
things getting built and wrecked and rebuilt
and about figuring out who we are.
We wrote this together
(sort of)
so you'll get to see both sides of our story.
But you'll probably agree with my side.
You always have to have the last word, don't you?
Yes!
This book was AMAZING. At first I REALLY didn't want to read it so I let my friend borrow it. When she was done she was a school and I was helping pack back packs for hungry kids, her mom handed it to me and said, "Natalie REALLY enjoyed this book. Thanks for letting her borrow it!"  So on the car ride home I began reading the book and I couldn't stop! We went to D.C the next day and for the half an hour car trip there I read it (And did my math lol). Then I finished it the next day. Every good book I read ends so quickly! WHY??!!! * sobs* I don't like that. Now I might even read other books by Jerry Spinelli. Like I was GLUED to the book I couldn't stop reading it, now I'm super sad it's over :'(.

I think my favorite character was Lily because she reminds me so much of ME and Faith!  I think my second favorite character is Sydney. She comes later on but she is a lot like Lily, and Lily is a lot like me and Faith! Wow....... I just saw that Jerry Spinelli has 6 kids.... that must be hard to manage..........And he has a bunch of other novels. I own 2. Star Girl and Jake and Lily.  I'll have to try Star Girl!

Love!






No comments: