Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter: Book Review



I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
by Ally Carter
Reading level: Ages 10 and up
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH (March 20, 2007)
Buy the book: Amazon
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school—that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it’s really a school for spies.
Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she’s an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real “pavement artist”—but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she’s on her most dangerous mission—falling in love.
Cammie attends the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, though this is no ordinary school.  It's a school for girls in training to become spies.  Cammie's nickname is the Chameleon, not a name given lightly.  That is why it bothered her so much that an ordinary boy could notice her, when pro spies could not. His name is Josh. She started becoming friends and more with Josh finding she liked it.

This action-packed book is great for those who like spies, action, romance and lies.  Ally Carter's I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You is now a favorite of mine and I recommend it to everyone!

My all time favorite character is Bex. She's a really good spy and she the second best spy in the book. Also she is my kind of person. Not perfect and awesome. Cammie is my second favorite because she is the chameleon! Third favorite is Josh! He is cool and smooth. He is also awesome. She did screw a lot of thing up but she's cool. I gave myself the nickname the shadow because I am only seen when I want to be. Or people know I'm there.... My sister Kit is hawk-eye because she's got the eyes of a hawk! Kit can see everything and anyone!! I LOVED this book!!!

Andye, and Kit left me behind when they went to see Ally Carter. I must say I have never met an author in my life (except myself and Faith who has finished a book but it's not published....And I think she forgot all about it...). I REALLY wanted to go because I had started this book already and I wanted to meet the author. Ally Carter said that if she could re-write the books she would kill Josh :,( because everyone is always asking about him. I know why. Because the first book was all about Cammie and Josh!! He just disappears at the end of the book!! And he never really came back. So that makes everyone wonder were he went. Plus he's awesome.

My top 12 favorites are:
1. Harry Potter
2. Goliath
3. Leviathan, Behemoth
4. The False Prince
5. I'd Tell You I Love You But  Then I'd Have To Kill You
6. Percy Jackson
7. The Heroes Of Olympus
8. Howl's Moving Castle
9. Goddess Girls
10.  Time (This is my book and it's still in the making. I'm posting chapters on my blog)
11. Warriors
12. Vampirates 


No comments: