Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls) by Suzanne Williams and Joan Holub

Reading level: Ages 9-12
Paperback: 220 pages
Publisher: Aladdin; Original edition (August 9, 2011)
Buy the Book:  Amazon

In book 6, after a teeny misunderstanding in class, Aphrodite is failing Hero-ology. To raise her grade, she concocts a brilliant plan--an extra-credit project for matchmaking mortals. This brings her face-to-face with fierce competition--an Egyptian goddessgirl named Isis. Now the race is on to see which of them can matchmake Pygmalion--the most annoying boy ever! Will Aphrodite wind up making a passing grade after all? Or will she end up proving she's a diva with more beauty than brains?

These classic myths from the Greek pantheon are given a modern twist that contemporary tweens can relate to, from dealing with bullies like Medusa to a first crush on an unlikely boy. Goddess Girls follows four goddesses-in-training - Athena, Persephone, Aphrodite, and Artemis - as they navigate the ins and outs of divine social life at Mount Olympus Academy, where the most priviledged gods and goddesses of the Greek pantheon hone their mythical skills.



12 comments:

Once Upon a Twilight said...

Well done!

Anonymous said...

I really like this book too!

Unknown said...

incredibly cute! i love it and this book sounds like the perfect read. thanks for the fantastic review

Joan Holub said...

Hi Reagan,

I love your review -- these video reviews are so awesome. Thank you for taking the time to create and for the thumbs up on Aphrodite the Diva!

You are welcome (from Suzanne and me) for the autographed book and bookmark.

I hope your swollen finger is feeling better!

xox
Joan

Joan Holub said...

Hi Melina,

I'm so glad you enjoyed Aphrodite the Diva. Yay!

~ Joan

Unknown said...

I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK!!! :D It looks really good!! :D I think that you did a good job Reagan! :)

Unknown said...

I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK!!! :D It looks really good!! :D I think that you did a good job Reagan! :)

Suzanne Williams said...

Hi Reagan,

Just wanted to add my thanks to Joan's. What a fun review! (And I hope your finger is feeling better too.)

Melina, Glad to hear you like Aphrodite the Diva.

Anna, Hope you get a chance to read it too!

--Suzanne

Faith said...

Dude! You finished it already?? Wow.... Great review!

Rea Rea said...

it's easy! The words are spaced out more widely than other books so it makes my life in reading So much better!

Rea Rea said...

Well so...Thanks everybody!

Rea Rea said...

D you guys like my room? Thats where I am. It was a mess yesterday and I had to clean it up! *shudders at memory*