Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Measure of Disorder by Alan Tucker

Reading level: Ages 9-12
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: MAD Design, Inc. (April 30, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0982686412
ISBN-13: 978-0982686416
Buy the book: A Measure Of Disorder
Visit Alan Tucker's site!



Book One of the Mother Earth Series...

High school will be a breeze for Jenni Kershaw - if she lives long enough to enroll, that is. Jenni's ordinary, eighth grade life becomes a thing of the past when her science class goes on a field trip. Armed with only their notebooks, MP3 players, and wits, Jenni and her classmates are unknowingly transported to another world. There they encounter amazing creatures, some of which think a kid shish-kebab would be a tasty treat. But they soon find the greatest dangers they face may come from themselves ... Follow Jenni and her class on their extraordinary adventures in their fight to discover who - and what - they really are.








So what did I think about the book? 

First going into this book, I didn't have very high hopes. Occasionally I will judge a book by it's cover. This book's cover art is not the best I had ever seen. Then I started to read the book. The beginning was nothing very special, but slowly it started to progress until... I was hooked! I could hardly put this book down. Reading Teen followers, you will have your doubts before reading this book. DON'T. It is WELL written, well thought out, and the whole concept is completely insane. Which makes for one great fantasy book. In my opinion... the more insane the book, the better fantasy it makes! This amazing book by Alan Tucker makes you want for these insane things to happen, things that would never really be possible. Hence the word fantasy. You will so know what I'm talking about when you read it.

I never have even heard of this book if the author Alan Tucker hadn't sent me a copy. He was so freakin' cool to have taken the time to send me one. Thanks dude! At the current moment it needs more publicity. This book has earned it. I am positive that there are hundreds, thousands of books that need to be read because their great. But I can only read so many books. And, yes, most of the books that I read, I only read because I hear of that book from a friend or family member and now an author ( I'm moving up ). I wish that good books like this were more recognized. This review is the best thing that I can do to achieve some publicity for this book.

This is a great book and I can't wait until the sequel comes out. I will be highly anticipating it and can only hope that it is as good as the first.


- Austin
"Hey all you people who read for fun, U R COOL"





* A word to the parents there was only one H*** word and some violence, not graphic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great review! I've never hear of this book but now I might just check it out!